Frequently Asked Questions
How many sessions do I need?
This question can only be given a lose answer once you start getting into the pod. Generally, we suggest at least 12 sessions initially to kick start your system into becoming adapted to the heat and start to see benefit, and then we can discuss your needs and develop a customised maintenance program with you.
Your First Session Overview
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early on your first session (introductory session)
- You will be given some paperwork to fill out – consent and a new client information form. The paperwork will assess your overall wellness and expectations.
- We will orientate you to the pod and explain the purpose of the session in relation to your individual expectations.
- You will be provided with an area to place your clothes and personal items
- The therapist will leave the room to allow you to undress and get into the pod and lower the hood. At this time, if you would like to use the iPad you can select what you would like to view.
- The therapist will re-enter the room to commence your session and allow you to relax
- The therapist will check on you at the 15 minute mark of your first session and then assist you at the end of your session with any questions you may have.
- At completion of the session you can get out of the pod, wipe down and redress.
- You have access to filtered, alkaline water and will be offered a glass at the end of your session with fulvic/humic acid to assist in replenishing your electrolytes.
What will it feel like?
During the first 15 to 20 minutes of your session you will become quite relaxed, maybe even sleepy. You will feel very warm, like you do when you are on the beach sun-baking. The last half of your session can become more difficult as your sweat increases and your heart rate also increases – this is why we keep the sessions capped at 45 minutes as exceeding this can become very uncomfortable with no added benefit.
What will it feel like after the session?
You will feel like you have completed an intense cardio workout after the session. However, as time passes (about an hour) you will feel more refreshed. You may experience a boost in how you feel mentally. And in those early sessions get ready to have an exceptionally good sleep. Each session however is different. Some sweats you will feel great, others where more toxins have been shifted you may not feel crash hot. Again, this is why you need to hydrate and drink a lot post to continue the detox AFTER the session at home.
What should I do after my session?
Drink plenty of water – you need to put back in what you have sweated out. We suggest not showering for 30 minutes to an hour afterwards as your body is still sweating and continuing to purge toxins while your pores are open. After this time passes you can shower as normal.
Can everyone use the cocoon? Who shouldn't?
- Women who are pregnant are unable to use the Wellness Cocoon Pro. However, once baby is born – especially if you have a c-section – sweating can be safe and effective to assist wound healing and regain body tone! Let us know at time of booking you are post partum and we can give you some extra support regarding safe, effective sessions.
- If you suffer from any chronic conditions that make you sensitive to temperatures it is recommended you seek the advice of your treating health professionals prior to commencing your session.
- If you have suffered from any injury that has altered your feeling or have nerve injuries/undergone recent surgery please consult with your physician prior to commencing sessions.
- If you are on any medications please check with your doctor that infrared therapy is safe for you, especially if you take medications that affect blood thickness.
- If you have been advised to stay away from heat by a medical professional, please check first. In many cases, these medications pertain to Ultraviolet Light, not Infrared – but we encourage you to check prior.
- Any other medical concern, please chat with us and we can advise on what you need to do to ensure your safety and health remains the number one priority.
What about safety?
If you are considered healthy, there are no risks associated with the Wellness Cocoon Pro. If you are worried or concerned, we are happy to chat with you and also encourage you to reach out to your healthcare provider for specific assistance.
I see a lot about infrared saunas. What's the difference?
The difference lies in thermofusion. Most infrared saunas at health clubs only possess the far infrared. This is great for detoxification, however it misses out on the health benefits that Near and Mid infrared rays also offer you. Alongside the 3 rays being optimised in our system, we also have convection dry heat to assist in raising your core body temperature quickly and effectively – every session
Difference between IR Sauna and the Wellness Cocoon Pro:
- You can customise your heat experience – you can have IR heat only or IR with Convection Heat (Thermofusion)
- You have control of the temperature
- The bed is ergonomically designed with your comfort in mind
- The vibration bed enhances your relaxation
- Vents at the head with cool are and aromatherapy to enhance relaxation and keep your face cool
- Addition of salt therapy to help detox your sinuses at the same time
- Shorter sessions for maximum benefits due to thermofusion and the wellness cocoon pros unique design.
Where are you located?
This business is run from a private premises. The address will be provided to you upon time of booking. We operate in the Logan City catchment approximately 35 minutes from the Brisbane CBD and 40 minutes from the Gold Coast in a quiet, tranquil environment.